Couples say ‘I do’ to multiple February palindrome days in Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS (KLAS)– Planning a wedding in February? It’s expected to be one of the busiest wedding months of 2022 for Las Vegas.

So what is a palindrome? Well, that’s when you get the same word, phrase, or set of numbers whether you read it forward or backward.

Locally and globally, many couples plan their weddings and vow renewals for a few key dates, including 2/2/22, 2/14/22, and 2/22/22.

Las Vegas wedding ceremonies have always proven popular on palindrome dates. For example, almost 1,600 couples were married on 10/10/2020 and on 7/7/07 4,492 couples were married.

“Couples don’t just come from all over the United States to get married in Las Vegas. They come from all corners of the globe,” Clark County Clerk Lynn Goya said.

After a slow wedding season in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Las Vegas wedding industry has exploded again in 2021, the Clark County Clerk said.

In 2021, over 77,000 marriages were filed in Clark County. In 2019, only 73,143 were reported and only 56,331 in 2020, Clark County Clerk Lynn Goya said.

Las Vegas is the official wedding capital of the world.

“As the wedding capital of the world, it’s important that we show residents and visitors alike what they need to do to get married here and the many options Las Vegas offers when choosing the right location for a ceremony,” said Goya.

Nearly 19% of marriage licenses issued are for local residents, while the remaining 81% were visitors in 2021.

In 2020, nearly 24% of residents were married. Meanwhile, in 2019, nearly 21% were Nevadans.

According to the Las Vegas Wedding Chamber of Commerce, Las Vegas accounts for approximately 5% of all annual weddings in the United States.

The wedding industry accounts for nearly 4% of all visitors to Clark County, including couples and guests.

Goya said wedding tourism generates nearly $2.5 billion in economic activity, including accommodation, entertainment, restaurants and other non-gaming activities.

Comments are closed.